COVID-19 Information & Resources
Central Michigan University is Fired Up for the Spring 2022 semester. This site has all of the information and resources you need related to CMU's COVID-19 preparedness and response. CMU actively updates plans and protocols to ensure best practices in coordination with local, state and federal health officials.
Updated Dec. 29, 2021
These policies and regulations are mandatory for all students, faculty, staff, vendors and campus visitors.
- Everyone, regardless of vaccination status, is encouraged to be tested for COVID-19 before returning to campus for the spring 2022 semester.
- The university's current guidelines and policies, including mask guidelines, will remain in place into the spring 2022 semester.
- The "Protect Yourself. Protect Others." program requires every member of the CMU community to be fully vaccinated or participate in weekly COVID-19 testing.
- Those who choose to be vaccinated to opt out of weekly testing are required to receive boosters to maintain an up-to-date vaccination status and remain in compliance with the "Protect Yourself. Protect Others." program. Learn more about eligibility and availability of booster shots on our Vaccines webpage.
- Isolation and quarantine guidelines for our campus community have been updated, following updated guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- The university continues to closely monitor and assess the presence of the virus in our region and will communicate any policy changes to the university community.